Friday, December 17, 2010

Week 15 Picks... Go Steelers??


 
The wins just keep on coming. For the last few weeks I’ve been putting up playoff contention records, and last week was more of the same. 11-4 bringing my overall total past the one hundred mark to 103 with 66 losses. Not bad if I do say so myself. The best record on ESPN through all the experts is Mike Golic (http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks) who put up 132 wins so far this year. Granted I’ve missed some games, 39, so even if I split them, I’d be just as good as these guys; better than some. Heck, even Adam Schefter only has 112 wins, and these guys aren’t giving reasons for their picks. I’m at least doing the extra yard (sorry Tennessee fans.)

In hopes of continuing the winning ways, here’s week 15:

SF @ SD – N/A. Since losing in the first round of the playoffs, I was pretty much shutting myself off of the football world so I didn’t get a chance to see that there was a Thursday night game. Chances are I would have picked San Diego, but the no win works just the same as a no loss.

KC @ STL – KC. Kansas City was blanked by the Chargers last week but that was without their normal starting quarterback. If Matt Cassel plays, after recovering from an appendectomy, KC will look to break away from the Chargers who are right on their heels in the AFC West.

BUF @ MIA – BUF. I said before that Miami can’t be an afterthought but I think their big division win last week will catch them off guard when a potentially high scoring team like Buffalo heads south to play in warmer weather. Buffalo can put the ball in the endzone, they just haven’t had the opportunity to play in a good conditions yet.

CLE @ CIN – CLE. This game is usually a fun game to watch, as if the rivalry of Ohio boils the blood veins of the players. Right now, Cincinnati is on a 10 game losing streak and Cleveland seems to be showing signs of life for years to come. This week McCoy was named the starter for the rest of the season for Cleveland, hoping to spark a bit of a winning streak before the season ends. Unfortunately they have to face Baltimore and Pittsburgh to round out the season, which makes for a sleeper upset and wild card KA-JUMBLE-F***. If Cincinnati wants to claim their 3rd win, they may want to think about starting Palmer, Jordan that is.

JAC @ IND – JAC. On one side you have a team that can’t keep a player healthy to save their life, but still find ways to stay afloat for the most part, and in the other hand you have an unlikely long time underdog putting up enough numbers to lead a division. Jacksonville has already beaten Indy once this year and look to sweep them this week for the first time since Peyton put on a Colts helmet.

HOU @ TEN – HOU. Indy found a way to beat Tennessee last week and so far everyone has found a way to beat Houston. I’ve never seen so many depressing losses. I think this game will be a bounce back for the Texans that are currently riding a 2 game skid; lucky for them that those two teams will see extra football in January. Losing to a good team usually sets up for a win against a bad one.

WAS @ DAL – DAL. Their 4-9 but Washington is 5-8. I don’t really know what more to say. Both teams have been eliminated from the playoffs and have nothing to fight for. Their better off losing it on purpose for the draft pick.

PHI @ NYG – PHI. Michael Vick behind Tom Brady leads the league in Pro Bowl votes. Well now it’s time to put up or shut up. You’ve beaten up on Houston and Washington and now it’s time to face your only division competition. Even without a strong receiving core, Eli and company have been finding ways to get into the end zone. Surprisingly enough it’s been on the ground. On defense, NYG has top five rush and pass defense, but can they do both at the same time. My guess is no, but I have been wrong before.

ARI @ CAR – ARI. What? You think my pick is funny? It’s not. It’s fine, fine, fine, fine. I put my heart and soul into this pick every G*d damn week! Arizona wins… I’m done!

DET @ TB – TB. JOSH FREEMAN!!!

NO @ BAL – BAL. I failed to trust in Joe Flacco last week against Houston during my fantasy playoffs. Instead I put in Aaron Rodgers against Detroit who he beats every year by a large margin. I don’t expect him to fail me this week in the consolation round.

ATL @ SEA -  ATL. MATTY HEISMAN!!!
 
NYJ @ PIT – PIT. Let the record show that I am not rooting for the Steelers, but rather rooting against the Jets. Honestly I can’t stand either team but stats/power rankings/abilities don’t lie. If I had it my way I’d pray for a tie, but then we all know Santonio Holmes would catch an overtime touchdown to win it, and I’d much rather have a Pittsburgh loss. So let’s go Pittsburgh?!?! Man that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

DEN @ OAK  - OAK. I hate picking Oakland but with Denver still without a true coach and Tim Tebow getting the nod for Sunday, I just don’t see things coming together. It’s also sad when your backup quarterback has more rushing touchdowns in the college than your starting running back, I’m just saying.

GB @ NE – NE. Without Aaron Rodgers, I don’t see this game taking as lasting the first quarter without a couple scores by NE. With Rodgers could mean a different story, however it’s still unclear whether or not he will be cleared. I love the momentum of the Patriots right now, especially with the big win in Chicago last week and more snow forecasted for Sunday night in New England. Buddle up and pop a bottle, this one is going to be messy.

CHI @ MIN – CHI. Chicago is pissed and Minnesota doesn’t have a legit quarterback in place. Well they did just sign one who has hours to prepare for a game outside in Minnesota against a division rival who will likely see post season play. WELL WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT LIKE THAT, IT’S NOT SO BAD. Chi-town wins number 10 in my book. The good news is they haven’t released to the public if alcohol will be allowed on the college campus where the game will be played. At least the fans will be paying attention when the Vikings lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment