Thursday, November 17, 2011

Falling Asleep on Revis Island

Last week was a good week to be a Patriots fan. Lucky for me, I am. Not only did I win a free lunch for Tom Brady's performance over Tebow's but every New York team lost. Buffalo got stomped by Dallas, the Giants lost to the, now 8-1, San Francisco 49ners and the Jets barely played three quarters against the Patriots. Oh and most importantly, I continued my non-losing weekly record by sporting a nice 10-6 record. I should have grabbed a couple extra wins if San Diego and Philly could show up when they're suppose to.

This week since I'm unprepared to put out an entire list of my picks, I'll be coming back in the next day or so to post the rest. For now, Let's start with the J-E-T-S... Don't... F*#@.... Up!

NYJ @ DEN - NYJ. There's a very bold line between what I want to happen and what I think is going to happen. I would love for Tim Tebow and the Broncos to shut the Jets down, but that doesn't seem plausable with the Jets potential offense. This could be a coming out game for Sanchez against a bad defensive secondary. The good news for the Broncos is that the Jets have had barely any time to prepare for the offense that Tebow runs. Well, if you count the 4th quarter of the Pats game, they've had plenty of time.

Rest of the picks to come later. Check back tomorrow night for more!

(***THE PICK ABOVE WAS MADE PRIOR TO THURSDAY NIGHTS GAME. AS YOU CAN SEE, I PICKED WRONG, BUT I'M HAPPY ABOUT MY LOSS. GOOOO TEBOW***)

And now the continuation of THE picks:

CIN @ BAL - CIN. Here's the thing about Baltimore. Yes they're tied for 2nd place in their division with Cincinnati but Cincinnati is at least showing signs of life. Baltimore is a coin flip team. They're either playing or they're not. Baltimore's losses have come from teams with a combined 11-16. I'm not saying they only ease back when they play bad teams but they could easily be 9-0. Now they have to face a team that just played their hearts out against the division leader. Don't expect the Bengals to ease off the break pedal in this one.

JAC @ CLE - JAC. They both have the same record and the only reason Jacksonville isn't also in last place is because Peyton Manning isn't around to pull Indy out of it's endless slump. I'll go with Jacksonville but only because Cleveland is limited more because of injuries.

CAR @ DET - DET. This could be Cam Newton's chance to salvage the season. In fact, it could really help out the teams moral considering they also face Indy next week followed by Tampa Bay. If Carolina gets a couple early scores on the board, Detroit could have yet another problem playing catch up, which seems to be their weakness this year. I'll take Stafford and MEGATRON for the bounce back win.

TB @ GB - GB. HAHAHA. Might as well just be a bye week.

BUF @ MIA - BUF. All right boys, we won one two weeks ago. We won another last week that's two in a row. If we win one on Sunday, that's called a winning streak. It has happened before. Unfortunately for Miami, Shula's not calling the shots and Andrew Luck's not coming through that door. But Fitzmagic is!

OAK @ MIN - OAK. Minnesota has a decent young quarterback, an all star running back, and a healthy pair of wide receivers. You'd think they'd be able to put up points in the double digits after a bye week. Guess not. I'll ride the Palmer train for another week.

DAL @ WAS - DAL. Dallas has shown they want to be playing in January. Washington not so much especially with a loss to Miami last week.

ARI @ SF - SF. Oh so Arizona beat Philadelphia. Big Whoop, so has everybody else. I'll take the 8-1 division leader in this one. Go Niners... I mean, 40-niners!

SEA @ STL - STL. Coin flipper on this one. While both have been flipping between showing up and practically transparent, I'm going to go with St. Louis as a home team winner. No other reason than that.

TEN @ ATL - ATL. Atlanta is playing the way I expect them to be play. They beat the teams they should and lose to the ones they should. Lucky for them, Tennessee is one of those teams they should beat despite only having one more loss than the Falcons.

SD @ CHI - CHI. San Diego just can't seem to put anything together. Meanwhile the Bears are rolling past potential playoff teams. Who knew?

PHI @ NYG - NYG. Everybody's beating up on the Eagles these days. Why not the Giants too? I wouldn't want to face the Giants pass rush, especially with broken ribs. Good luck to Vick.

KC @ NE - NE. I don't really know what else to put besides my pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment