Saturday, November 5, 2011

Out with the Heart, In with the Stats

Another week, another winning record. Last week was the "go with your heart" picks. For the most part I did pretty well. There were a couple games that got out of hand, especially the San Diego and New Orleans game. I'll take full credit for the New England pick, but I said I was going with my heart, and I do have New England blood. Unfortunately, this week will be a condensed article as I don't have much time to write it out. No worries though because the last time wrote it out quickly, I went 9-7 so at least I'll be looking at a potentially productive week.

NYJ @ BUF - NYJ. The only reason I'm taking the Jets is because I believe they want it more so their going to play harder for it. I don't think the swirling winds from the Great Lakes will stop the Jets from Touching Down.

SEA @ DAL - DAL. They may not have shown up against the Eagles, but the Seahawks are a different type of bird. Expect Dallas to bounce back against a 2-5 team.

CLE @ HOU - HOU. Andre Johnson is still ruled out for another week. However, that hasn't stopped the Texans from throwing up a couple wins against division rivals, Tennessee and Jacksonville. With no Peyton Hillis, Cleveland will have to rely once again on the pass where they rank in the top five in passing defense.

ATL @ IND - ATL. No chance Indy.

MIA @ KC - KC. After two convincing wins over Oakland and San Diego, I'd say that Kansas City is a team to be taken seriously. Sorry Miami, but better luck next week against the Redskins.

TB @ NO - NO. I feel like these two teams just played each other, oh wait, they did. Three weeks ago, Tampa Bay showed they belonged in the NFC South and came out swinging against New Orleans. Unfortunately, the Saints have scored 83 points since that loss, and I don't expect anything less from them this game. It's tough for a team to lose two games against a division rival in a year, but if it happens to New Orleans they'll be sharing the division lead.

SF @ WAS - SF. At 6-1, when do you stop picking them?? Maybe, just maybe next week against the Giants.

DEN @ OAK - OAK. OKAY YOU RAIDER HATERS, Now that Carson Palmer has actually had time to step out onto the practice field with his new team, expect a whole different look to this Raiders' offense. While they won't have McFadden in the backfield, that shouldn't matter considering Denver is horrible against the pass. Heyward-Bay and Moore should get plenty of touches in this high scoring game.

CIN @ TEN - CIN. Let's face it, Andy Dalton could be the real deal. He's taken a team that was likely to have a top five pick in the draft next year and made them a playoff contender. Meanwhile Tennessee is still waiting for their running back to decide if he'd like to do his job. I'll take the young gun in this match up.

STL @ ARI - STL. St. Louis finally showed some life last week, and not only through the air but on the ground as well. If last week was any indication that Jackson is feeling healthy, this game be a good one for fantasy owners. Also Arizona is 30th in the league against the pass which could help Bradford if he's healthy.

NYG @ NE - NYG. Sorry New England fans but I'm not going with my heart on this one. The Giants run a very similar offense as the Steelers. If the Giants can keep the ball out of Brady's hands, then they can control the clock. It shouldn't be to hard considering the Patriots secondary plays prevent defense about 99% of the time leaving the middle of the field open for Manningham and Cruz.

GB @ SD - GB. San Diego lost to Kansas City and Green Bay is 7-0. Check Please!

BAL @ PIT - PIT. I always love this match up. Every year it seems this game is intense and now they get to do it on Sunday Night Football, which makes the stage even bigger. I'll simple take Pittsburgh in this game since they were able to be so affective last week in New England.

CHI @ PHI - PHI. OH Hey Philly, didn't see you there. Not until last week when you finally showed up against a good defensive team in Dallas. Meanwhile Chicago has had two weeks to prepare for the Eagles but I don't think that's going to matter much. My gut says, go with the Eagles.

I guess that wasn't as condensed as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment