Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Is is Thursday yet??

So it's Wednesday afternoon and I'm writing out my picks for the week. Normally I'd have a few more days and wait for Friday's injury report to come out. Unfortunately, the NFL thought it would be fun to have games on Thursday night because Sunday and Monday wasn't enough. Normally I would agree but because of NFL restrictions, the game will only be played on NFL Network which I don't get on my TV.

Besides watching the different colored bars move back and forth on my computer, I also have to write out my picks early. Hopefully I don't get screwed by the late injury report.



OAK @ SD - SD. After a hard fought game against Green Bay, it took an interception too many by Rivers to spoil an underdog win for San Diego. Not this week however against a struggling Raiders team.

ARI @ PHI - PHI. Philly just couldn't hold on last week but I don't expect that to carry over to this week. Especially against Arizona.

JAC @ IND - JAC. Jacksonville has at least two wins this season and Indy barely got the ball past the 50 yard line last week. In fact, their only offense was from a pick six. Sorry Indy.

DEN @ KC - DEN. I actually have a bet this week that Denver will play better stats wise against Kansas City than Tom Brady will against the Jets. So since I'm picking Denver, I'm hoping the Karma will sway in my favor.

PIT @ CIN - PIT. I understand that Cincinnati is standing tall, tied for first place with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but I truly don't believe that Andy Dalton can keep it up. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen but against this Steelers' defense, it could be a true test for the young gun.

BUF @ DAL - DAL. Okay Dallas, you got in your feel good win last week against Seattle. Now let's do some work against a competitive team.

NO @ ATL - NO. Not sure if I get this game on TV this weekend, but I'd love to watch it. Both teams hold the 1 and 2 spot in the standings and it's always a fun match up ever since the Falcons were reborn with Matty Heisman. I think Atlanta got lucky last week with a few catches by Julio Jones. Not expecting the same outcome this week.

STL @ CLE - STL. So St. Louis had a tough game against Arizona. Let's not forget they played great against New Orleans. Sure you could attribute that to the turf but I'm going with my gut on this one and picking the Rams to run all over the Browns considering the Browns have one of the worst running defenses in the league.

WAS @ MIA - MIA. Yea MIAMI! YOU WON ONE! NOW WIN TWO!

TEN @ CAR - CAR. CHOOOO CHOOOO... Hopping on the Newton Train.

HOU @ TB - HOU. Andre Johnson who?? Houston's on a three game winning streak.

BAL @ SEA - BAL. Baltimore will win this game hands down. I'm just hoping they let Sidney Rice catch a ball a few times in the end zone for my fantasy team.

DET @ CHI - DET. Wish I would get to see this game too. NOPE. Thanks NFL broadcasting schedule. Taking the Lions in this one, especially with a bottom five pass defense in Chicago. Let's face it, Detroit is all throw.

NYG @ SF - NYG. San Fransisco is a few games from clinching in their division. That's just sad. The NFC WEST is by far one if not the worst division in sports. I'll take the red hot Giants in this match up all day.

NE @ NYJ - NE. The Patriots haven't lost three straight games since 2002 and I'm a firm believer in the team that wants it more will win the game. Now I'm not saying the Jets don't want to win a whole lot, but at this point, it means more to the Patriots to win this game. We're talking three game losing streak and a possibly third place in the division. P-A-T-S BEAT THOSE JETS!!!

MIN @ GB - GB. If you won't mind, could you at least let Adrian Peterson score a few touchdowns. I could really use a win in fantasy. Spread the wealthy Packers.

No comments:

Post a Comment