Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Turbo...errr.. TEBOW TIME!!

I was in my chair, phone in hand talking to my dad, screaming at the television, with wide eyes. Last week I was witnessing another miracle by Tim Tebow. It's as if he's dogging it the entire game and just when you think you've seen him at his best, he throws another curve ball at you and you're hooked. (pun intended.) I can only pray that he doesn't do it again this week. Unfortunately, I don't God will be answering my calls, since his line is busy. Thanks a lot Tebow.

JAC @ ATL - ATL. As many points as Jacksonville put up against Tampa Bay, I don't think it's going to happen against Atlanta. I truthfully believe the only reason Atlanta let up a high score like 23 last week was because Cam Newton was the one slinging the ball. Let's face it, the Falcons are playing to stay in the hunt for the wild card since New Orleans is a win away from clinching the division. Meanwhile, with four wins, Jacksonville is looking at next year's draft pick.

***THE REST OF THE PICKS TO COME SOMETIME ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY***

DAL @ TB - DAL. Same deal as the Falcons. Dallas will be playing for a playoff spot while the Bucs will be playing for a new running back. Trent Richardson maybe?

CIN @ STL - CIN. Gotta go with Cincinnati on this one. St. Louis hasn't show any signs of life since the New Orleans game. That was a long time ago.

CAR @ HOU - CAR. I understand that Houston is a little banged up and still looking for a first round bye in the playoffs, but I feel Carolina has something to prove in this game. I expect Houston to back off in this game after clinching. Cam Newton can still put up numbers even if it is against a secondary like Houston. High scoring game for this match up.


SEA @ CHI - SEA. Seattle showed they can put up numbers if they have too. While their post season fell short this year, Chicago is hurting on all levels. Not only have they lost their quarterback and running back, they were also Tebow'd last week. Morale is definitely low in that locker room. I'm not saying Chicago can't come out and win, I'm just picking Seattle as my sleeper.


WAS @ NYG - NYG. Even though Washington beat the Giants in week one, the G-Men have done what they have to do to stay with Dallas atop the NFC East. The way they've been putting points up on the board, the Giants should have no problem in their rematch with the Redskins.


TEN @ IND - TEN. I really thought that this game could be the one where Indy gets their first win. Now I don't see that happening especially with Chris Johnson finally starting to wake up. I'm going to forget about last week's loss to New Orleans. Let's face it, the Titans didn't even have a chance stat wise. 


MIA @ BUF - BUF. This game could really go either way. But I'm going to go with the Bills on this one out of respect for my Rochester/Buffalo peeps that I worked with this week. Bumper Sticker idea for Bills fans: "Our QB's GPA is higher than your QB's GPA."


NO @ MIN - NO. Nuff said.


GB @ KC - GB. Nuff said^2


DET @ OAK - DET. As much as I'd love to choose the Raiders in this one, I have now have no reason to cheer on Carson Palmer after being eliminated from my fantasy football league. En-stomp-a-kin Stupid, should be raring to go in this one, like a mad dog. His built up rage might just put him back on the sidelines.


CLE @ ARI - ARI. Arizona keeps showing up where they don't belong. This is another one of those games.

NE @ DEN - NE. I held off picking this game until the end, simply because I don't know what's going to happen. I've said every week that the Broncos' defense has put Tim Tebow in the lime light to succeed, but this week it might be Tebow himself that's doing the dirty work. The Patriots defense has been proven a disaster and that might be what keeps the Broncos in this game. I'm stilling going with the Patriots but I'm nervous that the Tebow magic with thrive again in Denver.


NYJ @ PHI - NYJ. As much as I'd love to choose Philly in this one, I truly believe the Jets want this one more. Just a couple more win and it's off to the post season they go again, behind the second greatest quarterback in New Jersey. Here's hoping I get this pick wrong!


BAL @ SD - BAL. Gotta go with Baltimore in this match up. I love San Diego's offense, but I they have been off an on all season. I have to take a rolling Ravens crew over a rejuvenated Chargers since Baltimore is also in the hunt for a first round bye.


PIT @ SF - PIT. They're hurt, they're winning, and they're on the hunt to get back in the playoffs and beyond. Also, San Francisco just got beat by the team that wins where they don't belong, Arizona. Hopefully, the 49ners are hoping their home crowd can boost their confidence, but a well rested Pittsburgh team should be good to go on Monday Night Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment