Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Drive for Week 5


Another week, another 9 wins. Unfortunately I was only able to predict how many I would, not so much how I’d get the win. I went 9-5 last week, which back in old days, puts me into the playoffs. I’ll take it, I guess. So far I haven’t had a stellar week, but I have put up a decent record. (18-12 overall) This week looks to be a little trickier. I’ll be tip toeing my way to 9(+) wins again this week. Let’s go…

JAC @ BUF – JAC wins. I can’t believe this game is going to be blacked out nationally. The good thing is that Bills fans won’t be able to watch their team go 0-5 in the comfort of their own home. Instead they have to pay to see it.

DEN @ BAL – BAL wins. We finally got to see the Ravens for what they are. They finally have another strong defensive team with all the weapons on offense to boot. Even thought Kyle Orton’s numbers are impressive (6 TD 1400+ yards), I just don’t see Denver keeping it up the entire season.

KC @ IND – IND wins. Don’t expect Peyton and Co. to take last week’s loss to the Jaguars lightly. Expect a HUGEEEEE game out of the Colts on Sunday. Peyton is averaging almost 3 touchdowns a week. It will be up to Kansas City to match it or lay down.

GB @ WAS – GB wins. Washing ton is still floating on air after last week’s division win over the Eagles. The Packers are an extremely strong offensive team, more so in the air, which is where the Redskins still sit at 31st in pass defense amongst every team in the NFL.

STL @ DET –STL wins. Welcome to the perfect antonym of the Super Bowl. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS GAME. Bookies aren’t even taking bets on it because it’s that much of a waste of time. (That’s not true, Vegas takes bets on everything.) I can’t even believe that I wrote this much about this game. Moving on…

CHI @ CAR – CHI wins. Even though Todd Collins is replacing Jay Cutler this week, I’m still convinced that they’ll put up better numbers than Carolina. The Panthers have scored a total of 5 touchdowns… they entire year. (The Bears have 7… but still.)

TB @ CIN – TB wins. Well it’s finally official. Not even the great Terrell Owens can save the Bengals. T.O. had 200+ yards, 10 receptions, and 1 touchdown against Cleveland, and they still lost. Cincinnati has lost to both Carolina and Cleveland this year and Tampa has WON both games against Carolina and Cleveland this year… see where I’m going with this yet?

ATL @ CLE – ATL wins. Cleveland isn’t that good a team, even with the win against the Bengals. (The Bengals have yet to arrive, so I can’t even give Cleveland credit for that win.) Matty Heisman does it again this week, hopefully with the help of Roddy White to boost my fantasy stats.

NYG @ HOU – HOU wins. Not only are the Giants 2-2, but they should be 1-3. Last week’s disturbing over the Bears was like watching Varsity take on a bunch of Pee Wee players, while the quarterback used his non throwing arm to pass to receivers who catch with their feet. In other words… the defense was fun to watch, but the offense barely showed up. The Giants are going to have to put up some points in order to keep up with high soaring, huge scoring Texans.

NO @ ARI – NO wins. It looks like I wrote “no wins,” as in a tie. However, that won’t be the case for this game. No explanation, New Orleans destroys.

TEN @ DAL – DAL wins. UPSET PICK OF THE WEEK!!!! Well, kind of… DAL is coming off a bye week after going 1-2 to start the season. Tennessee is 2-2 but hasn’t shown its true potential yet. I still think that Chris Johnson will have a 100+ yard day but I think Romo and the boys are going to pull this one off.

SD @ OAK – SD wins. COME ON TOP 5 DRAFT PICK… COME ON TOP 5 DRAFT PICK! In case you didn’t know, The Patriots get Oakland’s first round draft pick in 2011. The worse they do, the better position the Pats are in, so I repeat… COME ON TOP 5 DRAFT PICK!

PHI @ SF – PHI wins. Michael Vick will be out this week and Kevin Kolb will be starting in his original place as starting quarterback. The team practiced all pre season as Kolb as the starter so they shouldn’t have a problem beating the 0-4 49ners. Easy win for Philly this week.

MIN @ NYJ – NYJ wins. Just because Moss was traded… no just kidding that’s not the reason, well it’s one of the reasons. Minnesota is struggling right now. They have 1 win and it was against Detroit. Granted it was a division win, but that’s not really going to help them. No offense to Randy Moss, but the Vikings need more than a deep threat. Don’t even get me started on Brett “the pervert” Favre… naked old men are gross, even by text message. Revis should be a go for Sunday, hamstring permitting, and so expect Moss to actually work hard against the Jets’ secondary.

So there is week 5 in the books… written and posted. I hope you enjoy the games and interesting matchups. I however, will be missing this week’s games to attend a friend’s wedding in New Hampshire. My special congratulations to Curtis Hartson and Ashley Ames this weekend, the future Mr. and Mrs. Hartson.

Also if you have any comments, questions, or opinions, please feel free to add below or you can email me at paulsnyderemail@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment