Saturday, October 30, 2010

Great + Week 8 = My Fate


Wow! Jaw to the ground and pants a little damp. That was basically my reaction to some of last week’s games. The losses to New Orleans, Denver, and almost Baltimore should have never happened. You had the recent SuperBowl Champion Saints losing to the Browns, 30-17. Drew Brees even threw for more than 350 yards. The Broncos lost to the Raiders by a score of 59-14. They scored 8 touchdowns on Sunday. THEY’VE SCORED 9 TOUCHDOWNS THE LAST 4 GAMES!!! This performance never should have happened. And Buffalo took Baltimore into overtime and almost grabbed their first win of the season against a strong playoff contender.

I would have gone 11-3 last week if it wasn’t for two of those three games. Instead I’m sitting on an average 8-5. Oh goodie. Let’s see if I can improve this week. Safe to say I won’t be making quick assumptions.

DEN @ SF – DEN. I would like to apologize to our neighbors across the Atlantic for Roger Goodell’s decision to send DEN and SF over to you guys to represent the NFL. This will by no means be a Patriots over Titans shellacking. This is a 2-5 team verse a 1-6 team. I’ll let the run game decide this one. DEN has Knowshon Moreno healthy and ready to go in his second straight game and SF is 14th statistically against the run. Sure why not. That stat sounds good.

MIA @ CIN - MIA. If I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. Miami is for real. They beat first place Green Bay, and lost to first place Pittsburg by 1 point. CIN is neither GB nor PIT. MIA should put up enough points to cover the Bengals.

WAS @ DET – WAS. Washington is the underdog in this game. Detroit is favored by 2 ½ points. I never thought I’d see the day that DET was favored when they weren’t playing a CFL team. This can only mean one thing. The team I would originally pick is now my SLEEPER PICK OF THE WEEK. I know it doesn’t really fit into the category but according to bookies, this would be considered an underdog pick. Washington now has Donovan McNabb and Santana Moss who absolutely kill the Lions. If I could, I’d be making bets on Washington in Vegas. Knowing me however, I’d end up locked on top of a hotel roof.

CAR @ STL – STL. The employee that helped me Saturday at Panera was a nice guy and he was a St. Louis Rams fan. This goes out to you Doug.

GB @ NYJ – GB. That’s right! I picked GB! Why not? They are both in first place (Green Bay is tied.) They have the same amount of talent except for the Jets running game definitely over powers the two. I’m hoping the Jets will over sleep the fact that they’re coming off the bye week.

BUF @ KC – KC. Okay I know I said I wasn’t going to jump to conclusions but KC is a team that should have no problem beating BUF. Buffalo will not go defeated this year. However, their first win won’t be against the Chiefs.

JAC @ DAL – DAL. There’s no doubt that Dallas has been the biggest disappointment this year. Everyone was predicting at least a little playoff fun but now sitting at 1-5, post season play looks slim to none. But every team that fights for the playoffs has a turnaround game. This could be their turnaround game. Say it with me now Dallas. Believe in Kitna! Roy Williams does anyway.

TEN @ SD – TEN. SD hasn’t won a game since week 4 and doesn’t have any time to regroup until week 10 when they have a bye. Even though they actually showed life against NE last week, that’s not saying much for Rivers and Company as the Patriots defense is far from the best in the league. Meanwhile, Tennessee hasn’t lost since week 4 and can play their hearts out this week because they’ll have two weeks to rest as their bye week commences around 7PM on Sunday night.

MIN @ NE – NE*. This game has one factor that needs to be put on the table in order to make this decision. *= If Favre doesn’t start, Patriots will win. Tarvaris Jackson cannot go on the field on Sunday and beat a playoff contender like New England when he hasn’t played a down since 2009 and even then he only had 21 attempts throughout the whole season. However, if Favre plays, I will never question that man’s ability to win games, considering he’s been doing it for 291 games.

ARI @ TB - TB. TB has lost and won against the teams they’re physically and realistically suppose to loss and win to. Sunday they face the Cardinals who are 3-3 and in second place in the pathetic NFC West. TB is in second place in the NFC South who has Atlanta and New Orleans in their division. Physically and realistically, TB should beat Arizona.

SEA @ OAK – SEA. Really Darren McFadden? Really?  I feel like the Saturday Night Live anchors during their weekly segment. Really? Last week was like your entire career squeezed into one game. Seattle’s quarterback (Hasselbeck) doesn’t really have great stats for the year and their running backs are far from Pro Bowl selections. However, Seattle keeps finding ways to win. I expect the same from them this week, and NOT the same from Oakland this week. Really DMF? Really?

PIT @ NO – PIT. After a statistically great game against the Browns and depressing final tally, there’s no way I can pick the Saints to win against the predicted Super Bowl contenders. PIT should win this game, and expect a pick or two from Polamalu with trigger happy Brees behind center.

HOU @ IND – HOU. Indy was side swiped in game one of the season. Houston came out shooting. Peyton doesn’t have his full artillery with him. Austin Collie and Joseph Addai didn’t practice all this week. Dallas Clark is out for the season. The 31 year old wide receiver Reggie Wayne seems to be the only consistent player every week, and it’s not a good consistency. Houston is coming off a bye week and everyone who’s anyone seems to be healthy enough for the game. Last time they faced off, everyone learned who Arian Foster was. My opponents in Fantasy Football certainly have. I say Houston sweeps them for the season.

Also if you have any comments, questions, or opinions, please feel free to add below or you can email me at paulsnyderemail@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment