Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pick (Week) 6... Sorry Favre

So last week didn’t really go as planned but it wasn’t a total loss either. I went 8-6 which discontinues my streak of 9 wins every week (26-18 overall). There were definitely a few upsets including the San Diego loss to Oakland and Arizona’s upset win over the Saints. This week looks to be even worse, a suicide pool’s worst night mare. Every game can go either way. I might as well flip a coin to pick the winners. (head tilting thought) Actually it’s not a bad idea. I’ll flip a coin and then dispute or agree with the coin, but this week will be up to the coin. The home team will be heads and I’ll go from there. Do your stuff coin.


ATL @ PHI – PHI WINS. So far, the coin and I have problems. Actually the coin needs a name. Someone I despise and would always disagree with no matter what he said. Lets call the coin Joe Morgan. So Joe says Philly is going to pull this one off. Well not without Michael Vick they’re not. This will be a great game on both sides of the ball. I can’t wait to see what the passing game of Matty Heisman does against the secondary of the Eagles.

KC @ HOU – KC WINS. I can see where J Morgan might pick the Chiefs to win this game. They’re coming off their first loss of the season to INDY, and Houston just got their Tex-asses beaten by the Giants. However, I think Houston will bounce back from an offensively sad game.

NO @ TB – NO WINS. Even though I predicted TB to win last week against the Bengals. This team will not put up numbers like this against NO, however, neither will NO. For the past few years, Reggie Bush hasn’t had a “real” place on this team. He’s been that guy you would draft “very” late more as a back up or someone who would pick up a few receptions each game. Now that NO doesn’t have Bush, they’ve never been so lost. The Saints put up 20 points against the Arizona Cardinals, one of the worst defensive teams in the LEAGUE!!!! I don’t see TB putting up the same numbers as last week, but I am predicting a win over the Saints.

MIA @ GB – MIA WINS. This game is going to be awesome, and this time, I’m actually going to continue to disagree with Morgan. Mia hasn’t proven that it can beat a worthy team and everyone but GB’s tight end is healthy enough to play this game, including Aaron Rodgers. Even though Rodgers is listed as a game time decision, he practiced fully on Friday and looks to be all set for Sunday.

SD @ STL – SD WINS. WOW… Joe Morgan and I actually agree. SD is better than last week… BY FAR. I will eat my hat (covered in hot sauce and cooked at 450 Degrees ) if they lose to Oakland again. It will not happen. Last week was a fluke. STL will not play well against the Chargers. Expect BIG numbers out of Rivers this game. Hopefully to Malcolm Floyd to boost my fantasy stats.

BAL @ NE – NE WINS. I don't have to explain how much of a Patriots fan I am. I love the offense, the players, the coaches, but there's one thing I do not love... yet, their defense. Their too young and don't work well together, but that could all change in a couple of years after they learn to play with each other. Until then, I'll take the running game of Rice/McGahee, and the passing attack of Boldin/Flacco. I'm taking the ravens.

DET @ NYG – NYG WINS. Detroit put up 40+ points last week against St. Louis. The Giants are NOT St. Louis. Giants win!

CLE @ PIT – PIT WINS. Colt McCoy vs Big Ben… boys shouldn’t play with men.

SEA @ CHI – CHI WINS. Cutler or Collins... doesn't matter. With a running back like Matt Forte, a win will happen, especially against Seattle.

NYJ @ DEN – DEN WINS. Morgan has balls picking Denver. He better not bet them with the bookie, but he definitely has balls. Jets win this one E-A-S-Y... because they're better!

OAK @ SF – SF WINS. San Fran needs a win. At the beginning of the year, I'd agree that this was a lock, but Oakland has been surprising the CRAP out of me. All I want is a top five pick in next years draft, but if Oakland keeps winning, NE is looking at a number 10 or 12 pick. I'm not that excited. Thing could align this week for San Fran, so I'm going to go with the 49ners this game, even at 0-5. SLEEPER PICK OF THE WEEK.

DAL @ MIN – DAL WINS. DAL disappointed me last week. I thought they were really going to turn things around after the Bye week. Well Obviously.... I was DUMB... I was SOO DUMB. Well I will not be dumb again, which is why I WONT be taking the Vikings this week. Come on Cowboys!

IND @ WAS – IND WINS. Peyton vs. McNabb, well actually they never technically face each other at one time on the field, enless you count the coin toss. Washington moved up in the Passing Defense afte last week. They are now 30th instead of 31st. Expect a HUGE game from Peyton, especially since their offense surrounds the rotator cuff of Manning. Reggie WAAAAAYNE and Austin Collie "should" put up record fantasy points. Colts take this one against an extremely weak defense.
TEN @ JAC – JAC WINS. Honestly I couldn't care less. I really couldn't. Just for the sake of arguement, Titans win.

So, like I stated before, this week is a bad week to be in a pool (betting not swimming). There are too many games that could go either way. But we'll see after Monday who is truly right; Myself or Joe "the coin" Morgan.

Also if you have any comments, questions, or opinions, please feel free to add below or you can email me at paulsnyderemail@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment