Sunday, November 21, 2010

Praying to Heaven for Week 11


Last week wasn’t one I really want to endure again. I only had 5 wins going 5-8, shrinking my overall record to 59-49. This means if I absolutely plummet this week, my loss record will cover my wins, so lets hope I do better this week. Unfortunately, and personally, I’m in the process of moving apartments which means these next few weeks will be contain short explanations. I apologize now but hopefully my picks will be a little better. Here we go:

BUF @ CIN – CIN. Cincinnati has been reeling for w in. They came close last week against Indy last week but no cigar. Now Buffalo is coming off their first win and should be excited to face a disappointing team like the Bengals. However, I think CIN will come out to play today. CIN is 2-7 but they’re not 1-8 like Buffalo.

OAK @ PIT – PIT. Pittsburgh might be just a little pissed about last week’s loss to the Patriots. I expect them to come out throwing against a team like Oakland.  Even though Oakland leads the AFC WEST, the talent isn’t the same as the AFC North, where Pittsburgh and Baltimore live.

ARI @ KC – KC. If all goes according to plan, the Kansas City Patriots should be first in the AFC West. That would consist of a loss for OAK and a win for KC. Well look at that, I’ve already predicted that. Go Figure! KC just got downed by Denver through way of the air, ground, and just about any other way you can think of. Facing Arizona is a perfect game to settle back into the winning ways.

CLE @ JAC – CLE. Time to watch out for Cleveland. They beat the Patriots and took the Jets into Overtime. Those two teams are two of the best in the league. I expect a great game out of Hillis this week. Even though the Jags have a good rushing defense, Hillis is doing a lot of his yard gaining outside the tackles with receptions.

HOU @ NYJ – NYJ. This is a match up I hope I lose. While I’ll be rooting for the Texans to take down the Jets, I still think New York is the better team. Houston has the talent to be the best, but they can’t defend the pass and luck just doesn’t seem to be on their side. Last week they lost on a hail-mary. This week they might just lose by the 2nd quarter.

WAS @ TEN – WAS. Okay McNabb, time to put your new contract to good use. Show these Redskins fans that you still got it. As for Tennessee, sorry guys, you should have known that Indy would win the AFC South, again.

GB @ MIN – GB. Sorry Favre. This week you don’t have my blessing. Heck you didn’t have it last week either. I did however enjoy him flying under the SportsCenter radar this week. It was much more enjoyable to watch my standard 50 hours.

BAL @ CAR – BAL. I’m not picking Baltimore because of they lead the AFC North above Pittsburgh or because they should could come back after a tough loss against the Falcons. I’m picking them because I’m starting Falco and Rice in my fantasy league. LETS GO BALTIMORE!!

DET @ DAL – DAL. New Coach, New Attitude? I don’t know what got into the Cowboys last week but this should be an interesting matchup. I expect Detroit to come out throwing against a poor passing defense, but the big problem is, what else will they be able to do. The kicker is out, running back out, and quarterback out. DAL should have fun against this team.

ATL @ STL – ATL. MATTY HEISMAN!!!!

TB @ SF – TB. Josh Freeman didn’t disappoint last week and he won’t this week as well.

SEA @ NO – NO. Seattle is a horrible team on the road, averaging just over 10 points a game. Expect NO to run away with this one, even though both their running backs are hurt.

IND @ NE – NE. Do I really have to state my case for this one? Patriots at home, Peyton-Brady rivalry renewed. Let’s just hope this doesn’t come down to a 4th and 2.

NYG @ PHI – NYG. What a game against Washington Vick had last week. Now let’s see how he does against a team that can defend. The Giants can definitely defend the run, being 3rd in the league. Giants will take over 1st place in the NFC East with a win.

DEN @ SD – DEN. SD has let me down so much in the past, you can see how I wouldn’t pick them again this week. Especially against a team that threw up 49 points last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment