Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 12 Picks: Stuffed with Wins!


Tis the season to be thankful, and last week I was plenty thankful. It’s good thing to see a winning record after a weekend of games, especially when the wins column sports a double digit number. I went 11-4 last week minus the Bear/Miami game on Thursday, boosting my overall record to 70-53. I may not be in line to win the division if this were baseball but I might walk away with the Wild Card. Thankfully (again) this isn’t baseball season, it’s football season. Grab yourself a helping of Week 12 picks.

NE @ DET – NE. Spaghetti & meatballs, lamb and tuna fish, Detroit Lions and Thanksgiving. A tradition old as time, well at least 1934 when the Detroit team started to play on T-Day. Both teams have a quick turnaround this week, with both recovering from a Sunday game. With a 2-8 record, it’s unlikely that the Lions can win on the 25th, making it their 9 loss in the last 10 Turkey Day games.

NO @ DAL – NO. Unfortunately  for Dallas, it doesn’t look like they’re going to get their 3rd win in a row. The Saints, without a healthy running back are reliant on the pass. Good thing for them, that they’re a passing team. Dallas however, isn’t a passing defense. Expect the arrows to fly and Cowboys to be branded.

CIN @ NYJ – NYJ. After losing to Buffalo last week, Cincinnati will be lucky to get my blessing the rest of the year.

GB @ ATL – ATL. Said it 4 times, say it again… MATTY HEISMAN!!!!

PIT @ BUF – PIT. Pittsburgh has 3 losses this season. Baltimore, New Orleans, and the Patriots; the one thing they all have in common is that they all should be in the Playoffs come this January. Buffalo, will not be. I’ll take Pittsburgh.

CAR @ CLE – CLE. I didn’t realize that Carolina only had one win this year. I guess that happens when your quarterbacks combine for 6 passing touchdowns this year. It’s week 12 Carolina! Give that team the number one pick of the 2011 Draft.

JAC @ NYG – JAC. With Nicks and Smith both out for the Giants, it’s going to be interesting to see what their game play will entail. I’m assuming they’ll run the ball, but can they match the Jags in points, who are putting up an average of at least 3 touchdowns a game.

MIN @ WAS – WAS. Minnesota put up 3 points last week at home. How many can they put up on the road against a team that’s still fighting for the post season? Oh did I mention they have a new coach? This shouldn’t be a Dallas Cowboys rebirth game for the Vikings.

TEN @ HOU – HOU. There seems to be a lot of missed chemistry within the Tennessee club house. While the man responsible for the burnt bridges won’t be playing, I feel that they may be a little off this week, which makes it a perfect time for Houston to turn their bad luck upside down.

KC @ SEA – KC.  How do you not pick “the Chiefs” on Thanksgiving? Lucky for me they’re a good team.

MIA @ OAK – OAK. I hate choosing Oakland because every time they win, (even though it benefits my record) the Patriots draft pick moves further and further away from a top pick. If Oakland keeps it up, NE will be looking at a top 15 pick at best.

STL @ DEN – DEN.  I know Denver is a better team than they played last week. Even though they have 2 less losses than the Rams, I’m going to give them the old home field advantage pick. Basically because the Rams are 0-4 on the road.

PHI @ CHI – PHI. While some are saying that Chicago has an outstanding defense, last week was more of a fluke. You want to impress me Bears? Do it against a team with a quarterback and actual offense. The only quarterback they’ve kept contained this entire year that’s worth mentioning is Aaron Rodgers, and that was in week 3. I’ll take a reenergized Vick any day.

TB @ BAL – BAL.  Josh Freeman has been getting it done for the most part but now it’s time to face reality. Sure you’ve been Carolina twice and Cleveland, St. Louis, San Fran, Arizona, and even Cincinnati, but that’s not really saying much. All of them have losing records and are already calling this a rebuilding year. Now it’s time for Baltimore. The AFC North leading Ravens. The Flacco passing, Rice running, HOUS-YO-MOMMA TOUCHDOWN CATCHING Ravens!

SD @ IND – IND.  I know that SD kicked me in the butt last week for not picking them and totally burning them at all angles, but I just can’t pick them just yet. Maybe if they’re schedule gets a little easier and they play a team like Oakland, or St. Louis, or Seattle. What’s that?? They lost to those teams?  And throw a “REBUILDING STAMP” on the 2010 Chargers season!

SF @ ARI – SF. Both teams are on the bottom of the NFC West barrel, which is I’m actually wordless on. I really have no insult in my back pocket for this one. It’s just sad. Thankfully (again), I’m usually sleeping during the MNF game. If I were you I’d catch up on my sleep too! Snooze fest coming your way this Monday Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment