Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 10 Picks: Just for Kicks

Last week, I went back to my usual ways, going 8-5, (54-41 overall). I don’t mind the norm since two weeks ago I endured my worst week of the season. This week however, I’ll have one less game to win or lose on because of the Thursday schedule that I forgot about. There are a lot of fun games to watch this week from McNabb vs. Vick: Round 2, to the Ryan Brother facing each other in Cleveland. And don’t forget about Sunday night football where two potential playoff teams battle it out in Pittsburgh. Without further distraction, here are my picks for week 10:


BAL @ ATL - N/A. This would obviously be blunder on this one. I meant to write this up earlier but never got around to it. I’m not going to penalize myself for it nor will I give myself credit for a win.

DET @ BUF – DET. That’s right Buffalo, even DET is going to beat you. 0-9 for you!

CAR @ TB – TB. Time for Josh Freeman to get it done. Carolina lost the first time at home against the Bucs. Why not lose away also?

MIN @ CHI – CHI. Didn’t you hear? Favre is retiring after this season. So he basically has one foot outside the door. Also, the Bears run defense is third in the league. Adrian Peterson is the only threat against Chicago this week. With the receiving core crumbling, AP has a lot of work to do. He won’t be able to do it by himself. So I don’t care if it’s Cutler or Collins, the Bears win this one.

HOU @ JAC – HOU. It’s hard to believe that the Jaguars have the same record as Houston, especially with the amount of talent that Houston has. Sometimes, Texas shows up, sometimes they choke. After an embarrassing loss to SD last week, I expect a whoopin’ coming for the Jags.

TEN @ MIA – TEN. Miami rolled over to Baltimore last week, so this week they’re planning to switch things up a bit. They’re bringing back their former starter, Chad Pennington. That’s right, they’re trading Chad for Chad. Pennington is undefeated against the Titans (2-0 but who’s counting), however, this is a different Titan team, because now, the Titans are Straight Cash Homie!

CIN @ IND – IND. I know that both teams are struggling. Indy is suffering because of injury but there doesn’t seem to be any communication in Cincy. There isn’t a leader within the entire Bengals squad, unlike the Colt that have a few of them. Indy should come up on top, they also may be pissed about their recent loss. The Bengals secondary isn’t really the greatest in the league, 17th overall against the pass.

NYJ @ CLE – NYJ. I know that Cleveland destroyed the Patriots last week, but the Jets aren’t the Patriots. I already chose the Jets to win the AFC East a few weeks back. They are an overall better team, defensively and offensively. Plus, Rex won’t lose to his brother. Say it with me now, ANA-GONNA-HAPPEN!

KC @ DEN – KC. Denver is a loss cause. And the Chiefs have proven their worth so far this season. They’re top of the AFC West and the Broncos are on the bottom. KC should win this pretty easy.

STL @ SF – STL. Everyone is taking the 49ners in this game, which I don’t really understand. The writers and analysts on ESPN all have SF winning, but SF is 2-6 and their only wins are against Oakland and Denver. Sorry, San Fran but that doesn’t impress me. I’ll take Bradford and Jackson any day.

SEA @ ARI – SEA. This is one of those games that I couldn’t care less about. I’ll take Seattle just because I don’t think Arizona has any handle on their team at all. The Cardinals are bottom five in Pass/Run Defense/Offense. I’ll take Seattle.

DAL @ NYG – NYG. You really want me to explain?? Dallas has no quarterback, coach, and owner with a brain. Nice stadium, but they’re not playing there this week. Giants win, how you say, “BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!!!”

NE @ PIT – PIT. Being a Patriots fan, it really hurts me to pick against my beloved team. However, I’m trying to be realistic. Pittsburgh has a better running game and the best statistically run defense, which will force the Patriots to throw the ball where Polamalu will be waiting.

PHI @ WAS – PHI. I know this is McNabb vs. Vick round 2, but is it really? The Redskins just lost to Detroit and Philly just beat Peyton Manning and Company. Even with some of the defensive backs unable to play due to injury for Philly, I still see the Eagles coming out on top for this one. I just don’t have any faith that the Washington defense can contain a comfortable Vick this late in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment