Friday, September 23, 2011

Tough Games, Easy Picks

Well to say the least, week 2 wasn't much better than week 1, but it's a start. A couple of teams that couldn't stop scoring, failed to do the same their second time out. I expected a little more out of Baltimore, Chicago, and Philadelphia. Hope you didn't pick them in a suicide pool. I picked Pittsburgh so I'm good for week 3. Let's see if I can improve on last weeks 9-7 record.


JAC @ CAR - CAR. Whether you like him or not, with the defense that Jacksonville has, Cam Newton is probably going to throw for another 400+ yards. Especially since he's already done it twice, one of those times coming against the defending Super Bowl champs. Now he's facing a secondary that the coaching staff can't even remember the names of. I'll take Cam for his first win in the NFL.

HOU @ NO - NO. Even though Houston is 2-0, don't let their record fool you. Their two wins were against Fins and the Colts, who haven't shown any promise yet this year. I know it's still early in the season for Miami, and I'm sure they'll win their share of games. New Orleans has lost to Green Bay and beaten Chicago. We all know Green Bays status and Chicago embarrassed Atlanta in week one and beat bad by New Orleans in week two. I'll join Who Dat Nation for this week.

NE @ BUF - NE. Time to wake up Buffalo fans. No more tied for first place for you after this week. And no I don't mean because the Patriots and Jets are going to lose.

MIA @ CLE - MIA. Remember when I said Miami would win their fair share of games, well this game is one of them. Miami has had two tough teams to face and Cleveland has not. The Browns have lost to the Bengals and beaten the Colts. It's time for Miami to come out of their shell or water or whatever.

DEN @ TEN - TEN. TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW... isn't playing. Meanwhile, Hasselbeck proved last week that he can put up yards. Denver however, is relying on Willis McGahee. I'll take my chances with the Titans.

NYG @ PHI - PHI. Vick's playing? Okay I'll take Philly over Injured Reserved Giants team.

DET @ MIN - DET. I don't know what Detroit has left to prove. Well, maybe that they can actually beat a real team. They've beat Kansas City and Tampa Bay. Nothing against Freeman and Co. but Tampa isn't really a playoff caliber team in my mind. Plus Detroit has been putting up numbers like it's their.... job? 

SF @ CIN - CIN. I don't know what it is about San Francisco, but I like them losing in this match up. Maybe it's because they've only beaten Seattle and lost to a Quarterback-less Cowboys team. Here we go now Ben-gals!

NYJ @ OAK - NYJ. It's not like I like picking the Jets, it's just I like being right more. It's actually kind of interesting why I'm not picking Oakland. They've put up almost as many points as the Jets, but their competition has been worse. Not much worse, but worse enough. For comparison, the Jets have beaten Jacksonville and Dallas while Oakland has lost to Buffalo and beaten Denver. Check and Mate!

KC @ SD - SD. HAHAHAHAHA... Kansas City. That's funny.

BAL @ STL - BAL. At the time of writing this article, Steven Jackson was still questionable to play. Without a running game, it's very unlikely that St. Louis can beat a power house like Baltimore. I don't care if Baltimore lost to Tennessee last week. Everyone has a bad week. Let's just call last week that one bad week. Baltimore has the talent to put points up on the board. I expect much of the same against St. Louis.

GB @ CHI - GB. Now this game, I will be able to watch. Even though Green Bay hasn't been winning by large margins, they don't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down. Chicago on the other hand just got handed their first loss of the season to New Orleans who lost to Green Bay. I don't really have to do the math do I?

ARI @ SEA - ARI. HEY KEVIN KOLB!! IT'S TIME TO PLAY NOW! You left Philadelphia for a reason.

ATL @ TB - TB. This game is going to be a lot of fun to watch, on my computer since I won't be able to physically watch it due to television scheduling. Lucky for Tampa Bay, they're playing the later afternoon game, which is good considering they don't show up to play until after 3:30 anyway.

PIT @ IND - PIT. Sorry Indy. Show me something other than a dead horse and maybe I'll pick you one week. Maybe week 5 when you face Kansas City.

WAS @ DAL - WAS. To be completely honest, I just don't see Romo playing this whole game. Which can only mean one thing, Kitna. When that happens, it's the Rex Grossman show all over again.

Here's hoping for an 11-5 or better record.

No comments:

Post a Comment