Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 4: Something in the Buffalo Water


Last week wasn’t a total failure. To be honest I’ll take a 9-7 week all year. If it’s good enough to win an NFC West playoff spot, it’s good enough for me. Looking over this week’s games, it’s definitely a tough week in football pick-ems. But this is what I love to do each week so here we go:

CAR @ CHI – CHI. I’m all about the Cam Newton train and it was good to see Carolina get their first win last week. Unfortunately it was against Jacksonville. Meanwhile Chicago has been on a bit of slump, but it’s been against likes of Green Bay and New Orleans, two teams will be fighting for playoff spots. I’ll take Cutler in this one to do well with that young secondary.

BUF @ CIN – BUF. As much as it hurts me to pick Buffalo after the win they put up last week, I’ll be going with them again, especially against the Bengals. Their offense seems to have no limits, and personally I don’t see the Bengals stopping Fitzpatrick and Jackson.

TEN @ CLE – TEN. Since the only good thing to come out of the Cleveland teams is Peyton Hillis, I’m not worried about Hasselback putting up numbers, since Hillis doesn’t play defense. No offense Cleveland fans, but I’m all about the Titans this week. We might even see Chris Johnson get some significant playing time, which is even worse for Cleveland to handle.

DET @ DAL – DET. The Lions have their first real test this weekend. They’ve barely had to show up against the three teams they’ve faced so far (Tampa, Kansas City, and Minnesota.) Now they have to face a tough Dallas team. Fortunately for Detroit, Dallas is banged up pretty bad. They’re could be without their two best wide receivers and we all know Romo is hurting from those busted ribs. I expect Detroit to put up the same amount of points on the board, and don’t think the injured Cowboys can keep up.

PIT @ HOU – HOU. I love this game. Really wish it was going to be televised. Unfortunately, I’ll have to watch the little circles move across the computer screen. While I really want to choose Pittsburgh to win this game, my guy is telling me Houston. I have been going 9-7 these past two weeks so that’s why I’m taking a leap on this game.  Arian Foster might not play, but that doesn’t mean that Tate and Schaub can’t get the job done. Big Ben has had to rely on the run the last few weeks, and I expect more of the same this week. Mike Wallace might finally have a good game for them however, especially with a young secondary chasing him around the field.

NO @ JAC – NO. No explanation necessary. Also picking them in my Suicide Pool.

MIN @ KC – MIN. Sorry Kansas City, I just don’t see you stopping Adrian Peterson. This might even be a great game for Minnesota to finally get in a throwing groove and get McNabb comfortable in the pocket.

SF @ PHI – PHI. I thought Philly was suppose to be the dream team? Maybe it’s time to wake up and play some real football. San Fran is 2-1 but their wins are against Seattle and Cincinnati. I’ll take Vick and Co. to do well against a non contender.  

WAS @ STL – WAS. If Steven Jackson isn’t 100%, I’ll take Rex Grossman. I just don’t see how St. Louis can keep up with a constant offense like Washington. Now, Grossman didn’t put up big numbers last week, but they were finally playing a tough defensive team in Dallas. Meanwhile, the Rams just got beat badly by Baltimore. I just don’t see them coming out on top.

NYG @ ARI – NYG. Hi I’m Kevin Kolb and I want to leave being a backup quarterback in a possibly championship bound team to suck for a franchise that can’t get off the ground. Come on Arizona, you had to beat Seattle last week and you could barely put up double digits in points. And now you’ve got a Giants teams that’s finding lots of reasons to bELIeve in this season. They just beat the “Dream Team.” Should be pretty easy to beat the “Dead Team.”

ATL @ SEA – ATL. Battle of the birds! Which one is Angrier? (Get it?) I’ll take Matty Ice. He needs a break out game.

DEN @ GB – GB. Another reason unneeded. Denver hasn’t proven anything this year and Green Bay keeps #winning.

NE @ OAK – NE. Nice win last week Oakland, but don’t get too worked up about it. The Patriots are never a happy bunch after a loss, especially one against a divisional rival. Just tuck away that win and tuck away your heads in between your knees because the Patriots plan to tuck that loss behind them and start a new winning streak.

MIA @ SD – SD. As of Saturday morning, everyone for San Diego was healthy for Sunday’s game. In that case, I guess I’ll take San Diego at home against an 0-3 Miami team that just keep seem to put anything together.

NYJ @ BAL – BAL. This was actually the last pick I decided to make. It took me longer than usual to pick this game. I’m going with Baltimore for one big reason. I think their secondary can take care of Sanchez. That being said, the Jets have always been a running team but so far this year they have struggled to do so, putting a lot of pressure on their “Sanchise Quarterback” to get the job done. Meanwhile, Flacco and Rice have been rolling with the punches and putting up some impressive numbers with the small fluke in Tennessee.

IND @ TB – IND. Congrats Indy, you’re finally on my win list. You’ve grinded it out this long, now I honestly think you’ll survive this week, especially after almost beating out Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, Tampa just can’t seem to stay constant. They score, they don’t, they don’t again. They lost to a struggling Atlanta team and that should make for a great match up between these two teams. Jump aboard to the Kerry Collins train… ALL ABOARD!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Lions pick over Dallas...you know that this is the year of the Cats...I wouldn't be surprised to see both the Lions and Panthers make playoff runs...maybe a year between Carolina and their run but with Newton continuing to get better...I like that team 10X more.

    Also, Oakland over NE? I'll tell you this much, if the Pats manage to drop another one in back-to-back weeks it would be the talk of the NFL. But I don't see Brady losing too many games throwing 4 TD's and 400+ yds.

    ReplyDelete