Friday, October 7, 2011

I call my island.... Wilfork

Now week 4 was definitely a week of football I could get use to. Not only did I go 12-4, but the Patriots won and the rest of the AFC teams lost. That works for me. Overall so far, I'm 38-26 this season which is surprisingly on average about 10 wins less than the professionals. Last year was a different story with me far out in front of them.

This week might be one of those back in the gutter picks. Lots of tough match ups but this week is personal. My aunt, Annette, is out for blood against my picks. This week, I'm putting the professionals behind me and I'm out to destroy her record this week.

NO @ CAR - NO. New Orleans put up a good win over an (at the time) undefeated Houston squad. Now they turn their attention to a 1-3 Panthers team with a quarterback/wide receiver combo that could do some damage. Unfortunately, that's all Carolina has. The Panthers have scored 9 touchdowns all season and Drew Brees alone has score 10. Hmmm? I'll join Who Dat Nation for week 5.

KC @ IND - IND. This is Indy's week. If you happened to see the game last week, you probably had to do a double take on the Colts first drive. Personally, I thought it was Peyton Manning on the field running the offense. The rest of the game not so much, but that first drive was eerie. It should come as no surprise since he's been practicing under Manning's belt for a couple years. Last week, Kansas City got their first win which would sound promising if it was against the other defeated team, the Vikings. I'll take a Indy for their first win.

PHI @ BUF - PHI. I know that Buffalo is on some type of high right now, and last week was their first loss of the season, but this Philadelphia team is determined to put W's in the win column. Don't be surprised if Vick has a monster game against this secondary, but at the same time, Fitzpatrick could do the same against Philadelphia. Fitz-magic has had a knack for doing that this year. He's fifth in touchdown passes.

SEA @ NYG - NYG. Seattle proved that can put the pressure on when they have too and their offense seems to be slowly coming together. Before last week, the Seahawks had scored a total of 33 points in three games. Last week they put up 28. This could be a turn around moment for them, especially when Arizona was 21st in the league in team defense. Meanwhile, the Giants are 18th, which isn't much better. That could lead the way for a high scoring game. Unfortunately, the Giants have three wide receivers that are hungry for the football. There's a little bit of controversy floating around the field with Cruz and Manningham, so don't be surprised if one of them goes off to shut up the media.

CIN @ JAC - CIN. One of those couldn't care less about games but here's my pick anyway. I'm not going to pick Cincinnati to win, but instead I'm going to pick them not to lose. There really is no clear winner in the game.

TEN @ PIT - TEN. For some reason, some reason.... I like Tennessee in this game. I said the same thing about Detroit last week. For some odd reason, I like Tennessee. I really feel that Hasselbeck, even without Kenny Brit can do some damage against Pittsburgh. It shouldn't be to hard to stay even with them. The Steelers only big win came against an offensive struggling Seattle team. Last week they barely put up double digit points. Adding Chris Johnson in the mix for the Titans can certainly boost their stock on Sunday.

OAK @ HOU - OAK. Oakland played a hard fought game last week against New England, and Houston lost a hard fought game against New Orleans. Houston, however, lost their top receiver in Andre Johnson, while Oakland seems to be getting stronger in the run and pass game. That's if Campbell can keep the ball out of the defense's hands. He definitely had a couple brain farts from time to time but nothing that he can't bounce back from.

ARI @ MIN - ARI. I've said for weeks that Kevin Kolb needs to get his head out of his ass and start throwing like the quarterback we all thought he would be with Fitzgerald on his side. Now we've got an 0-4 Vikings team that's not even led by their quarterback, but instead their running back. It's sad when their running back is catching up to their quarterback in total yards. Football is slowly turning into a passers game if it isn't already, which means it might be time for Minnesota to go shopping, because McNabb isn't doing the trick. Stay tuned for the battle of the ex-Eagles quarterbacks!

TB @ SF - TB. This is slightly above the CIN/JAC game for me in terms of caring. I'll go with Josh Freeman and Co. considering that Alex Smith can't seem to do anything productive this season.

NYJ @ NE - NE. Big surprise, I'm picking New England. I truly believe it's going to be a tough match up, by no means do I think it's going to be a blow out. Both teams can put points on the board, the Jets just a need a poor defense to do so against. (Enter Patriots Defense stage left.) Even though the Patriots are hurt and young on defense, their offense is still putting up 30+ points each game. Even as bad as they are against the run and pass, I don't see Sanchez or Greene stepping up to outscore the Pats.

SD @ DEN - SD. As long as Vincent Jackson plays and Orton continues to disappoint fans, I don't see how San Diego loses this game.


GB @ ATL - GB. Atlanta hasn't shown any promise this year as I've said before, and they barely beat out Seattle last week. I think I'll continue to pick the high rollin' Packers. (Green Bay is also my suicide pick this week.)

CHI @ DET - DET. Detriot has to come back last week against Dallas, but they got it done. Who's to say they won't do the same against Chicago who's sitting sadly at 2-2. After four continuous weeks of scoring two touchdowns, is it safe to say Calvin "Megatron" Johnson will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment