Friday, October 21, 2011

#15 in Your Programs!

I wouldn't call last week a loss, but I definitely didn't win like I wanted to. I mean an 8-5 record is nothing to sneeze at, but I did have a couple discourages losses. However, as a Pats fan, I'm glad I got the Cowboys pick wrong. This week I get to take a break from either rooting for or against New England and tear up the schedule this week. Lot's of good match ups this weekend, unfortunately I won't be in any of the viewing areas to watch them. With out further delay, let's get to the most anticipated games of the week:

DEN @ MIA - TEBOW... I mean DEN. I'm very excited to see how Tebow does. Unfortunately for all you fans out there, I don't seem him doing well. His throwing motion is unorthodox and he'll need a hell of an offensive line to flourish with his go to running style. Don't get me wrong, I really want him to do well and he's got the Lord on his side (He'll tell you that). The best part about this game is that Miami is honoring the 2008 NCAA National Football Champions on Sunday. I can't for the life of me remember who the quarterback of that team was. If anything, it will feel like a home game for Tebow, especially when more fans will be cheering for him than the Dolphins.

SD @ NYJ - SD. Gonna have to go with Norv Turner on this one. He's pissed and he's got a team that can take down the Jets. Even though Antonio Gates might not be available, Vincent Jackson is still Philip River's #1 target. The only question is whether or not Jackson can break away from Revis Island. Even though the Jets had a promising win last week, it was against a win-less Dolphins team. No offense to New York, but I can't give them much credit for that.

CHI @ TB - CHI. Time to hit the pitch, as Tampa Bay and Chicago head across the pond to play a little pigskin. Skipping all the unnecessary puns, Chicago should be able to contain the Bucs, especially with Blount out for Sunday. Now they can focus their efforts on the air attack, which is where they've struggled this year, currently 25th in the league.

SEA @ CLE - CLE. Haven't been a fan of Seattle all year and now they've got a new quarterback starting in place of a horrific Tavaris Jackson. I'll take Cleveland's defense to hold off Seattle's pitiful offense.

ATL @ DET - DET. As much as I love Atlanta in this game, I like Detroit just a little more even without Jahvid Best. They're not at a total loss without Best. Detroit's running game hasn't really shown up at all this season with the exception of a few large runs, that have only happened fairly recently. Atlanta's defense is 27th in passing and 7th in rushing. Lucky for Detroit, they are a passing heavy team. Expect another 2+ Touchdown day for MEGATRON!!

HOU @ TEN - TEN. Coming off a bye week Tennessee is well rested for their game against Houston. Fortunately for the Titans, Houston doesn't have their #1 receiver, but they do have an explosive running back. Fortunately against for Tennessee is they have a great running back of their own. The problem is he hasn't exactly shown up so far this year.

WAS @ CAR - WAS. As much as I'd love to continue to ride along the Cam Newton train this week, I'm going to have to step aside and let Rex Grossman do the talking instead. Carolina is 1-5 on the season and the Redskins are one game back for the lead in their division. They'll need to pick up against Carolina because next week will be a tough match up when they head to Buffalo.

PIT @ ARI - PIT. As much as Pittsburgh is hurting, Arizona hasn't shown any signs of life and shouldn't against a team like the Steelers that are on a two game winning streak and trying to stay alive in the hunt for first place in the AFC North.

KC @ OAK - OAK. Carson Palmer or no Carson Palmer, I honestly don't see Kansas City beating a team like Oakland that's on a roll. They're seriously taking "Just Win Baby" to heart, especially this year for sure.

GB @ MIN - GB. Rogers' and company are on a roll and this week it doesn't seem to be any road block in their way.

STL @ DAL - DAL. Tough loss last week for Dallas but it will all come around this week. I love how teams are using teams like Indy and St. Louis as a bounce back game. How does 0-6 sound?

IND @ NO - NO. How does 0-7 sound? New Orleans all the way.

BAL @ JAC - BAL. Unless you have Ray Rice on your fantasy team, there should be no reason to watch this game on Monday night. I dont' know what they were planning when they scheduled this match up but it should be pretty one sided. 


No comments:

Post a Comment