Monday, March 1, 2010

The World's Gone (Dough)Nuts!


The other day as I got ready for work, I started to crave a coffee roll for breakfast. So I decided to stop by Dunkin Donuts on my way to work. Little did I know it's more difficult to get a coffee roll at 3 AM then it is to make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

My first stop was the Dunkin Donuts half way between my house and work. I pull up to the drive-thru and asked for a coffee roll. They told me they didn't have any. That was fine because I knew there was another Dunkins closer to my work. So I ordered my ice coffee and continued on my way to work.

I figured I'd stop by Price Chopper and Hannafords to see if they had any before I stopped at Dunkins. Price Chopper had been cleaned out with not even left over doughnuts in bags. Hannafords was also roll-less but was entertaining. The maintenance guy was power washing the welcome mats (still figuring that out) and every shopping cart imaginable was scattered throughout the parking lot. This made leaving the shopping plaza harder then escaping the Temple of Doom.

I proceeded to my last stop, the Dunkins around the corner from work. I pulled up to the drive-thru already anticipating that they wouldn't have coffee rolls, but what was said to me almost made my brain explode.

"Can I help you?"
"Yea, Can I get a coffee roll please"
"We don't have doughnuts."

(-_-) <-- my reaction

HOW DOES DUNKIN DONUTS NOT HAVE DOUGHNUTS!!!! ITS NOT CALLED DUNKIN BAGELS!!! THEY ARE PROVIDING FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!! UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.

This is almost as ridiculous as hijacking air force one. (One more Harrison Ford refernece for good measure.)

2 comments:

  1. It was the diet gods tellin u not to screw up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have back handed the manager of that dunkin's. Also, I mannaged tto beat Han's record of just under 11.5 parsecs bu doing the Kessel run in 10.8 parsecs. I did this in my amazing coffee roll that you never managed to get.

    ReplyDelete